I am pretty sure someone hit the fast forward button on this Spring and is making it go much too fast…So far the weather has been pretty darn nice though so maybe that is part of it? Although right now we are getting a cold, drizzly, rainy spell. But hopefully this will only last another day or two and we will be back to Spring! It’s crazy though because we had 80 degree days in February and now 30 degree days in April. Apparently this year is all about going against the norm. Well, if that was not a random enough intro, I don’t know what would be… so anyways, on to another Friday list of randoms!
1) Nashville is now 2 weeks away!! I am starting to get REALLY excited for this race. I am finally to the point where I don’t really secretly wish for a PR at this race because considering the number of people registered and the fact that it HILLY are putting the PR concept in the dream world I live in, not the actual world… Plus, I want to enjoy this race and not hate it by mile 5 because I am not doing well. So my game plan = finish upright! I’ve also decided to switch up the 20 mile run I was going to try to increase too this day because I really don’t want to waste that much time running when I am only in Nashville for three days. It might not be ideal but that 20 miler can wait until the next week resulting in slightly less taper time but let’s be honest, I am not running a ton of miles each week so I think this has been my taper since I hurt my back in January.
2) I am worried I am not running enough miles during this training period to finish a marathon. I hope I am wrong?!
3) It’s my Grandpa’s 80th birthday this weekend so we are having a nice family dinner to celebrate! I have not seen everyone since Christmas so I am really looking forward to it. Now to make it to the party store and get him a balloon! Not gonna lie though, I am sad I won’t be able to eat the cake…I wonder if I lick the frosting off if that will have too much gluten in it? Kidding!! (kind of…)
4) It’s Administrative Professionals Day next Wednesday. I never really enjoy this day because I never know what to get for my Secretary. We have an interesting “relationship” which makes gift buying very difficult… And it seems no matter what I do, it’s not enough/good enough. Thank you Hallmark for making one more day I need to dread all year long.
5) Apparently Starbucks does not have decaf iced coffee. This is no good. But good news, they no longer are going to be putting ground up bugs in their food! Disgusting Starbucks, DISGUSTING!
6) I “only” have to run 9 miles tomorrow. I bet it’s going to suck.
7) I have a haircut tomorrow, FINALLY! I currently look like a poorly groomed Wookie.
8) Sister and I are almost caught up to current episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I am going to cry when that happens. This show is hilarious! Plus, NPH is ridiculous and so much more entertaining that Doogie Howser
Time to get this day started for real I think… Although I would much rather sit here and find random crap to type about that go to work and… oh, wait… find random crap to type about! Ha! I love my job… *sarcastically spoken
Have a great Friday!!