This has been quite the week,,, I really still cannot believe what happened last Sunday. But every time I see one of those 26.2 bumper stickers, I am reminded I actually had not told many people I work with but apparently I have a bit of a reputation of being a runner so people still wondered if I had been there and asked me about it. So I’ve had to tell the lovely story a couple of times this week. But moving on… it’s a Holiday weekend! And apparently the first unofficial weekend of summer. Although I would argue last weekend may have started summer early with the… ahem… heat. To start off the weekend, here is a little list of what I was up to this past week!
1) I had my first run after the “marathon” yesterday and the heat and wind kicked my butt. I honestly could hardly finish and felt like I was dying. My new routine of running after work, in the heat, will hopefully pay off by giving me more heat tolerance but it’s gonna be slow going getting used to it!
2) Speaking of heat, it looks like the Madison Marathon might also be cancelled due to heat. This is ridiculous Wisconsin! Good thing I didn’t pick that as my back up race…
3) I picked another marathon to sign up for… It’s 30 days away. Starting the countdown seems semi-anti-climatic because clearly we know how the last one turned out. I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers that this is not a repeat performance of The Black Flag. I’ve seen enough of that for my lifetime… and also that my body and mental toughness hang on another month…
4) I FINALLY took down my Christmas lights on Monday. Yeah me?! Ha! The neighbors were probably getting embarrassed for me. But in my defense I was worried about falling off the ladder and not getting to run a marathon so I kept putting it out… jokes on me I guess!
5) I did decide to re-do my bedroom this week! It was supposed to be my marathon prize but screw it, I’m not missing out on anything else because I didn’t get to finish!
6) A certain someone has been walk obsessed this week… I bet he’s put on 8ish miles. That a mile per pound. I won’t even say how many miles I would have to travel to accomplish that but let’s just say a few
7) I have a horrible wanting to sign up for races right now… I need run addiction therapy. Whoever said running is good therapy clearly does not realize this part of the cycle…
8) I feel very “old” this week… the little guy I babysat for when he was a baby turned 7. Plus my “little” cousin is graduation soon. I held her as a newborn!! Where does time go?!
9) I got my medal in the mail this morning. Yay me again! I’ve decided I am going with it being my 2:40 marathon. And I am ordering a medal holder that says “DNF.” Sister has some awesome ideas
That’s all I got for this morning! Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend and the weather cooperates where you are Happy Friday!
Any good Memorial Day Plans?