This week was weird. People got on my nerves repeatedly and I had to bite my tongue more times than I can count. Good thing I really don’t have to deal with too many people at work. The amount of people I do have to deal with is plenty… But anyways, here are my random weekly happenings! I feel like it was a pretty boring week but at least it’s now the weekend (in like 10-12 hours…)
1) I actually have a backyard now! Having had a weed garden for 3+ years has been fun but I am happy I now don’t have to look the other way when I walk out my back door!
2) I am pretty sure I have decided that being passive aggressive is one of my least favorite personality traits in a person and yet, I am always the one who wins when someone wants to play that game. At work someone has been pulling that shit for at least the last year and I officially one upped said person on Wednesday. #score
3) The Olympics have started to bore me… I really liked watching swimming and gymnastics to a certain extent and some track and field but the way they are showing it now has just totally lost my interest. I feel like every time I tune into NBC, it’s either Track Cycling (stupid), Beach Volleyball (stupider) or Polo (wt?). And when track and field comes on, it’s like on for 5 seconds and then over because they run so damn fast.
4) Tomorrow I am planning to run a 5k. I’m not really sure how well this will go as I’ve run a total of like 20 miles in the last two weeks but at least I’ve gotten in 2 3ish mile runs so I know I can do it. And I know I won’t be the last because it’s a run/walk! I’d like to set a new PR but even that may be asking too much for my current condition… although my old PR is like 35 minutes so it’s not super speedy or anything.
5) All I’ve wanted to eat this week is Pancakes. Breakfast, lunch dinner, that’s always what first jumps into my head. That or peanut butter + jelly with BBQ potato chips. Clearly I have a very advanced palate. I’m not really sure what that means I am short on dietary-wise but I’m thinking it means I have an excuse to carbo-load for a 5k In all honestly, I will likely have them for breakfast and dinner today because I am too lazy to cook any real food and that’s about the quickest meal option I know!
6) My stupid sciatica issue is acting up again… It was feeling better until acupuncture on Tuesday. That used to make it feel better but now, not so much. I guess that’s a sign that I can stop going. I certainly won’t miss the 35+ min drive each way! At least now I know that’s what it is so I won’t let it stop me from running because that just makes it worse.
7) I’d wanted to sign up for a bike ride at Road America next weekend but didn’t want to go alone so I tried to talk my sister into it but she was not having it. Now I find out McDreamy is going to be riding it. I’m not the hugest fan of Grey’s Anatomy but I still think it would have been cool to bike with him! And it is a multiple lap type event so he would pass me at least once if nothing else! Oh well – it will probably be ridiculously crowded now and I am not a fan of crowds so it’s probably for the best!
8) I’m bad-habiting again…I have always had an issue with biting/picking at my fingernails and I know it’s gross but I mess them up without even realizing I am doing it! It’s time to bust out the finger tappies I think… I am mentally 6 years old someday. Normal people my age get manicures, I just need to get fingernails back
9) I am reading Emily Giffin’s Where We Belong right now and really liking it so far. It seems quite a bit different from her other books but it’s a good change so far! I’m interested to see where this story line leads.
10) I am totally addicted to the ABC Family show Beverly Hills Nannies. As someone who for a few minutes contemplated being a nanny post-college if I didn’t find a job, I think this is even more interesting! I can see so many parallels to my own babysitting past in some of the stories although on the show they are so much more dramatic than in my real life Also, one of the nannies is from Wisconsin but has clearly been Beverly Hillized just a little so she sure does not remind me of people ’round these parts!
That’s all I got this week! Hope you have a good weekend in store where ever you are!
What do you think of McKayla’s attitude at getting silver? Understandable or Unbelievable?