Today is a very special and exciting Friday here! Sister and I are going to be leaving in a few short hours for our road trip to Nashville to run the Country Music Rock n Roll Half Marathon!! It’s really hard to believe we signed up for this race WAY back on 11/11/11 while we were in Hawaii! (I know, our lives are so rough… kidding!)
We are hoping to get into Nashville this afternoon with plenty of time to pick up our packets and then explore a little bit tonight. I am guessing tomorrow is going to be an early morning (don’t ya love racing?!) so we’ll probably try to hit the hay early tonight (sorry had to get that one in there in the theme of all things Country!!). To start off this exciting weekend, how about a random Friday post full of way too many !s and emoticons?! (If this drives you nuts, please click the “x” in the corner now because I am EXCITED!!! :O) So excited, in fact, that I could not sleep last night…
1) Despite the fact that I am overly excited for this little get away, I am actually very nervous for the running portion of this weekend… I feel like I have been taking things really easy the past week or two and am worried it is going to catch up with me tomorrow around mile 10.65. I imagine I will also start out much too fast and then also be regretting that choice at this exact same point. I have yet to actually “race” a run in 2012…
2) While in Nashville, we are hoping to have brunch at a place that has make your own pancakes
!! How exciting is that?! And to have gluten free ones on top of just the make your own fun! Hopefully they are not closed and/or overly busy this weekend… Sadly, I am not sure there is anything that excites me as much as pancakes… If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I am pretty sure it would have to be these guys
Speaking of Hawaii... miss this syrup!!! (that's totally normal to "miss" a syrup, right?!?!)
3) I’m torn between wearing my Garmin tomorrow and leaving it behind. I have only worn my watch for Disney and the 10K that went to crap
so I can’t really say if it helps me or hurts me. I am leaning towards hurts because of the ease of giving up when the average pace drops below what I am aiming for. I can guess I would somewhat give up at that point even if it was not warranted. Might just leave it behind and see what happens! This is all for fun, right?
4) Also – to bring the iPod or not… I am not sure if the course will be distracting enough without my own tunes if that might take away part of the fun or not. Hmmmm…..
5) If I would have waited to sign up for the WDW Marathon until this weekend at the expo, I would have been able to get a free sling bag from RunDisney. Totally not fair… maybe I will bring my bling and see if they will let me have a bag anyways?
See, I really did run this!
6) It is three weeks until Marathon Day and I feel less and less prepared each and every day… I am REALLY hoping the RNRCM will be what I need to boost the confidence slightly! I can run, I really can?!? :S
7) Sadly, there is no Sweet Tomato’s on the way to Nashville/in Nashville. I looked. #bummer
8) Sister and I got suckered into the Platinum package for this race weekend! VIP Potta-Potties – Whoot
9) It’s going to be sad not having our #1 fan along this weekend…
Happy Belated B-Day Mama ChEARer
10) I have not taken a car trip in a REALLY long time… and now between last weekend and this weekend, I will be spending an entire day in the car. Hello leg cramps… At least the legs should be well “rested” tomorrow!! Ha
Apparently nothing else happened this week that stored in my memory because all I can think about is the run this weekend! And getting out of town! I refuse to be worried by the Nashville forecast and will just be keeping my fingers crossed those “storms” are very isolated and do not occur before 12pm on Saturday. If I am feeling chatty, I might be back tomorrow with a race recap, otherwise, you might have to wait until Monday or Tuesday! Most likely I will want to type it out sooner rather than later because I forget thing. Really quickly.
Wish us luck! And here is to setting a new PR for races run in Tennessee! (PS, that means any time as I have never ever ran in TN before