Today has GOT to be better than yesterday… I don’t know if it can get worse but I am really hoping not to test that theory. Thursday started out by me somehow kicking my computer off my bed in the night and smashing my Garmin ANT stick for my watch into about 4 or 5 pieces. They don’t work when that happens… Later that afternoon, I found out I had totally messed up an order I placed for an iPAD!!! I have been so excited to get it but it just will not get delivered because I keep messing things up! THEN, someone stole my Starbuck’s re-usable iced coffee cup from work and finally, I came thisclose to smashing into some idiot driver on my way home from the gym because she just HAD to turn left in from of me and the other driver’s with the right away after the light turned green. Excellent. But Thank God for ABS. I may have less tire tread today than yesterday but at least I still have headlights… So anyways, now that I am done whining about my bad day yesterday, here are some random things that I am looking forward to!
1) MY IPAD!!! If it ever actually gets here that is… I ordered the old version after the new one came out and the price went down because let’s be serious, I will probably not notice the difference. I am not the most technological person you will ever meet… But per my Sister, my life will change after I finally get it. Who knew a little tablet could make such a difference but I think she has a point because just look what happened when I got an iPod. Can’t live without that now!!
2) Tomorrow Sister and I are planning to head to Madison to run the Shamrock Shuffle! It has been much too long since I ran a race and I am really looking forward to it! This goal is very ambitious but I would like to finish in less than 52:17. This will be a full 4 minutes off my current PR in the 10K from the Sugar Mill run in Hawaii but I really think it’s not that far fetched. I ran 6 miles in 51:49 on Monday and 51:19 on Wednesday… May the Speed be With Me!
3) While in Mad-town, we are hoping to visit Willie Street Co-op. Last time we were in Madison for the Haunted Hustle, we stopped here and found the world’s best gluten free desserts and also an awesome gluten free fresh pizza crust! I am really hoping they have these things this weekend!
4) The Hunger Games comes out in a WEEK!! I am super excited and glad this date came up quick!! Sister, pre-order tickets for Sunday maybe?
5) The weather! It has been Spring like finally and appear it is going to stay like this for the next few days! Of course tomorrow it might storm for our race but I would not expect anything else. But hey, rain is better than snow?! Or at least warmer…
6) Did I mention… Someone STOLE this from me yesterday? I think I may put up posters at work…
7) I had another weird dream last night… my parents kicked me out of my own house. They told me they wanted it and there was no room for me. What does THAT mean?
8) Sister said they are building a new Trader Joe’s in my area. This is maybe the best news I have heard recently because the one we currently have is in a mall with SERIOUS parking issues… it will be so nice to pull into the parking lot and walk in the store without having to risk your car getting hit trying to park, life crossing in front of cars or walk 2 miles to get there! Whoop!!
9) We are closing in on two months until my Marathon! Somehow between now and then, I still need to tackle quite a few REALLY long runs… including 2 20 milers. Yikes! But for now, I am really looking forward to only running the 6.2 part tomorrow! Ha! Put um together and what have you got?
And on that ridiculous note, Happy Friday! I’ll hopefully have a race recap to post about tomorrow!! And also HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY! Please Shamrock Shuffle responsibly