I’ll let you fill in that blank but it was not a fun week around my parts. I’ve felt like crap all week and work has completely sucked. Girls on the Run has been way more stressful/taxing than I anticipated when I signed up to volunteer and I’m just overall not feeling like I am accomplishing anything lately… Every day I go into work, I contemplate just quitting and then proceeding to sell my house and move away. (It’s a delusional world I live in ) Also, this election is making me the crabbiest person in the WORLD! I have now resorted to only watching recorded television (to ff through commercials), changing radio stations in the car and unfriending/unfollowing people on twitter and facebook. Obviously things could be much worse but still… bad week.
So anyways, I have not done a random Friday post in a while but this week I felt like returning to a fun Friday post to celebrate the end of this week!
1) My new favorite show is Top Gear. My dad is obsessed with this show and I watched a few episodes when I was home last weekend and now I am hooked! I think the hosts of the show are hilarious and it makes me want to move to London! I got suckered into trying out Amazon Prime for the year ($20 off with the amazon credit card!!!) and was happy to find I can watch it there! And a new season too which I might have to share with my dad when I am home in the near future
2) Girls on the Run is really a struggle this week. It’s probably bad to complain about volunteering but we have some girls in our group who are just a challenge. It’s so hard to feel like your time is being well spent when you get such disrespect from children who are 8-10 years old. I would never talk to anyone (old or young) the way they talk to me and disrespect my requests to stop talking when I am talking but no dice. The majority of the girls are really nice and sweet and cooperative but the bad ones really pull the whole group down. It’s times like this I am very thankful I never pursued being a teacher or youth group leader… It’s also very frustrating because the other leaders just don’t want to deal with it… awesome. I’ll just keep trucking along and hope I’m making some kind of good impression on them!
3) I got a manicure last Friday as part of my “work retreat” but it only lasted 5ish days and now I am kind of missing it I am not the type to paint my nails but for whatever reason, it made me feel a little more pulled together this week when everything else seemed to be falling apart. I think I need to make a trip to target and get some new polishes.
4) Speaking of Target! My poor pup is getting a Halloween costume I know he does not really appreciate being dressed up but costumes are too funny I can’t ever resist. This week the costumes were on sale at Target so I ordered him 2 for a whopping $7 out of pocket! I had a $5 giftcard to use up + my target debit card gets me free 2 day shipping and 5% off each purchase. Hard to beat that! Now I have to decide which costume for this year… Skunk or Astronaut
5) Speaking of skunk… last week a lady came to work smelling like a skunk! Please tell me people are normally smart enough to stay home from work when they stink? I am starting to loose faith in the human being’s ability to think clearly.
6) I’m going to try my hardest to get in 7-8 miles of running this weekend. I think it’s finally time to stop offering myself the opportunity to woos out of long runs and just do it. 7 to 26.2 by January 13, 2013… Why does that always seem so discouraging!? At least I know I can do it…
7) I think I am ready to join a running group! That sounds like such a dilemma in my life, no? (side note, why does blogging instantly make me feel like a drama queen? cheap therapy, right?) I really want to focus on doing local runs next year and I think the savings on registration fees alone will be enough to make it worth it + I have the potential of group runs which might help me stay/get motivated to run better again. (Birthday present idea hint, hint )
8) I may have registered for another race… I told myself no more for this year but then I happened to see a 15k Turkey Trot in two weeks that cost a whopping $12 so I “had” to sign up. I’m shooting for winning a free turkey by being closest to my predicted finish time. I went ambitious and listed 1:35:45. We’ll see how loud I am laughing at that finish time in a few weeks. Must stop. Can’t stop.
9) Speaking of races, I am also doing a fun run 5K the weekend before with my blogging buddy Allison! It’s a monster dash so this weekend I will be brainstorming a costume to wear Preferably not featuring any kind of head gear this year… Might have to make a Goodwill trip this weekend – hehehe!
10) I’ve completed week one of my NASM personal training certification! I am LOVING it so far and can’t wait to tackle week two this weekend. I love the mix between reading and watching short video recaps and can’t wait to get more into everything!
11) Yesterday I happened to be reading Mama Pea’s blog and saw a comment about a button she had for Compassion International which is an organization that allows people to sponsor children in impoverished areas with a monthly donation. After seeing that, I was reminded how even though my week seemed “bad” at least I have the basic necessities like food, water and a safe place to live. I’ve been meaning to sponsor a kid for years but never bit the bullet but yesterday, I just decided to go for it! I picked a little 5 year old boy named Jose and it was his birthday yesterday If you are ever looking for a good charity to donate too, this would be a good place to look!
I think that’s enough for today. Too much whining, too much random but it is what it is and it’s Friday! Hope you’ve had a better week than me and that everyone has a good weekend, me included
Your turn: Most annoying thing this week – go!
(and you are not allowed to say me)