So sorry about that disappearing act over the past 7 days! I have absolutely no clue what happened to this past week but I am glad it is Friday once again! Since I have not posted at all this week, it should provide me a few items to include in my Friday random post, right?!
1. So last weekend it was Easter. Sorry if you missed that memo but you can probably still find some 50% off candy at the store?!. I went up to my parents house for the weekend and was completely unproductive the whole weekend and it was fantastic! My mom, sister and I did manage to pull together an awesome Easter dinner that included delicious ham, mashed sweet potatoes, lemon asparagus and deviled eggs. We still have ham left in our freezer but I am not complaining! I also think I have reached my sodium limits for the year… oh well. Good thing I can sweat it out
2. Also, I made this adorable cake for dessert on Easter. I used this recipe and it turned out dense but delicious. The frosting was cream cheese and not healthy at all. Just the way frosting should be!
3. Backing up to Saturday, I managed to pull my act together and run 12 miles. For whatever reason, this was the most painful run of my whole training season. I felt like a weak little baby running the whole time. Not sure what is up with this downward spiral of energy during running but I am NOT a fan… I have now revised my goal for Nashville to = finish. This was a hilly route by my parents but Nashville is also hilly so I am assuming similar results (hopefully not worse). We shall see how that goes!
4. Following my less than spectacular running weekend that also included 4 painful miles home from Church on Sunday, I was to the point of swearing off running every again and just giving up on the Marathon. Then it was Tuesday and I realized I was stupid and just having a “boo hoo hoo, I can’t run fast enough” party for myself and moved on. I am now at in the final stage of grief, acceptance. I ain’t no Kenyan…
5. Monday and Wednesday I had acupuncture appointments. I am still not sure about these things… I feel SO much worse the next day but then better the day after…this is supposed to stop happening after awhile but I am not sure how long this will take for my body to “get over”. I also had a rather disturbing bruise pattern on my back after having some bizarre Chinese Cupping thing done. I’m sparing you from showing pictures. You are welcome.
6. At my appointment Wednesday, the acupuncturist and I discussed results from a little personality/brain imbalance quiz that I took over the weekend. Apparently I am ultra-sensitive and semi-hypoglycemic. Real world examples = clothing tags are “picky” and when I am hungry, get out of the way! Case in point on the first part, when I was laying on the table for my treatment on Wednesday, I could feel my heart beating… not racing but beating and it was driving me nuts. This was all before the discussion so he then brought it up and was like “Most people would just ignore something like that but you are not able to switch thought and move on”. Ok, great. Now I have more evidence that I am psychotic…
6. There are like 36 days left until my Marathon and I feel totally and completely unprepared and undertrained. I feel like I have not logged that many miles each week but I still have been managing to complete the long runs but is that the most important part? I have been very hesitant to run any more this training cycle because of my nagging back pain and foot pain. I really hope I can shake this crap and get back to my years of “injury’free” running. Like seriously, never had an ache or a pain for 5 years before this! What the heck!
7. In connection with 6, I broke down and bought some new, more cushioned, shoes. I know the name of this blog is Better Off Barefoot but maybe that is not the case for me after all… I mean if you think about it, I didn’t run around barefoot as a kid so why would my “natural” state now be running that way? I think it might be time to accept the fact that this was one of those “sounded logical and worth a try” ideas that didn’t pan out for me… We’ll see what these new shoes can do for me. I ended up ordering Mizuno’s Wave Rider 15s after reading Tina’s gushing over them post the other day I walked around the block with them tonight and they felt HEAVY but hopefully they help correct my current leg issues…
8. I no longer am following any actual “training plan” but just doing what I can when I feel like I am up for it. The goal this weekend is 18 miles but we shall see what the pains say when I wake up tomorrow morning… erg.
9. It was national grilled cheese day yesterday and has me craving a grilled cheese SO bad! I have been trying to avoid dairy lately but I might have to cave and have one this weekend… with a cup of tomato soup. There is no other way!
10. I royally pissed off the dog on Wednesday and Thursday by having the disgusting-ness that is Garlic Mustard sprayed in the yard and therefore, the dog was not allowed on the lawn. If looks could kill, I would be dead right now…
11. I might finally be figuring out a trick to keeping me from being a ravenous beast during the day at work… avoid a morning snack?! For some reason, if I have a snack in the morning, I can’t stop eating ALL.DAY.LONG. But if I have a larger breakfast and larger lunch, no problems whatsoever. This was proven yesterday when I wanted to eat everything and anything in sight after having a 10am Larabar. Lesson learned.
12. This post is
crossed over the line toboarding on rambling so I will shut up now! Hope everyone had a great weekend and has something fun to look forward to this coming weekend!
Anything exciting on the docket for you this weekend? I’m playing catch up on everything to prepare for two out of town weekends coming up!