Well, it’s Friday again. Another week over and another weekend just about to begin! I have quite a few things on my to do list this weekend though so that always makes me wish I had a magic wand to wave so I could actually enjoy my weekend and relax! I’ll have to make my list so at least I can get the fun out of crossing items off! Is it just me or are those some of the most rewarding lines you ever make with a pen?
For this week, I am sticking with my Friday Random theme because I like the weekly recap of things that have happened!! So here it goes…
1) It is snowing right now. This should not surprise me as it has snowed approximately 10 times this year, 8 of which have been Friday’s before my long run. Figures. Oh well, I guess I really only know how to run 14 miles in a blizzard so whatever! At least it looks pretty and probably won’t last long since it’s supposed to be 35 degrees today. Bring on the melting so I don’t have to shovel! You know, for my back and all…
2) I am finally going to admit I am semi-allergic to almonds… I seem to be able to eat a serving or two per week fine but a serving or two per DAY, not so much… I have a huge rash on my arm that I used to have before stopping eating them routinely the last time. Some things I never learn. At least I was eating them to try to avoid eating so much processed food! So now it’s back to square one in the snack department…
3) I ran two of my speedwork miles on Wednesday in under 8 minutes. That has NEVER happened to me. Apparently all my 5k training with a certain someone who runs 7:30 minute miles is paying off! Mr. Speedy McSpeedster!
4) I am reading Confessions of a Shopoholic Ties the Knot. I forgot how completely ridiculous this series of books is but yet how cute at the same time! It probably just makes me feel better about myself because I don’t have a shopping problem – ha! If you are looking for a very light read, check these out. The movie was also pretty cute. Nothing earth shattering as far as books go but you know, sometimes I really could care less and just want to read a silly book!
5) I wore my new New Balance shoes to Body Pump last night and LOVED THEM! Although they were so lightweight, they didn’t ground me the same and I almost fell over backwards doing squats twice. Classy.
6) I get to scrapbook this weekend! I have been “meaning” to all year to get caught up with a million pictures that need to go somewhere but yet have made zero progress… hopefully I am feeling inspired on Sunday!
7) I want these donuts so bad. Why can’t Babycakes be closer?! But maybe it’s better that they are not… And we have had horrible luck baking these recipes at home Also, sadly we could get these if Sister and I were running the Princess Half Marathon in Disney this weekend. Double boo! (yes, I am 4 years old)
8) Best new recipe I tried this week was Edible Perspective’s Pan Bread! It literally did take 5 minutes to make this and was a really awesome texture! Thanks to this recipe and the Babycakes website I was just looking at, I think breakfast might include a version of this pan bread topped with cinnamon and sugar and cream cheese so I can pretend it’s cinnamon roll bread… why not, it’s Friday!
9) Speaking of cinnamon… have you tried Cinnamon Chex? If not, buy a box and thank me later. Chex have a few sketchy ingredients in them but sometimes I just get sick of health cereal. Bring on the chemicals! But don’t buy them from amazon… $5/box?!? They are like $2.xx at my grocery store… maybe they are the big boxes?
10) And finally, one more random before this day gets started for me…
Sidenote: I keep trying to include a link to the source from the pictures I steal off of Pinterest but WordPress hates me when I do that and strips everything off and just messes up the text link I try to leave… I think clicking the pictures will redirect back to the source but I am so dumb with this stuff… I am trying to talk sister into updating this thing and getting me free from WordPress.com but I don’t know how she feels about that… and I am pretty sure she told me it would “cost me”. Nice!
Hope you all have a happy Friday! Hopefully I will be back tomorrow morning with a recap of another 14 miler!