Have you seen this movie? Yeah, me neither. But I hear it was good?! Not sure if I will ever watch it but that is not going to stop me from making a bucket list of my own I don’t have a real life bucket list but I have decided it is about time I type up a race bucket list! I know this is one of those lists that will change a lot over time but it’s good to start somewhere, right?
So I am not really sure how I have not made this list already but the reality is, I have not! And today, that is going to change
My Race Bucket List has four main items:
Finish a Marathon(recap!)
- Run a race in every state
- Finish a half marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a race in my Vibrams
- Talladega Half Marathon, Talladega Superspeedway, Alabama. This is called the Talladega 21000 (aka 21,000 meters=21km=13.1 miles )
- Great Alaskan Marathon. Alaska. Um, yes, I would go on this cruise!
- Grand Canyon Marathon, Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Little Rock Half Marathon, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Disneyland Half Marathon. Anaheim, CA. I am due for a trip to California!
- Bolder Boulder 10k. 30 acts of entertainment and more waves than any other race, sounds awesome! And running at an altitude!
- Niantic Bay Half Marathon, Old Saybrook, Connecticut
- Rehoboth Beach Marathon, Rehoboth, Delaware
Walt Disney World Marathon. Orlando, FL. Yes, I want to run another Disney race even though I talked like I wouldn’t right after the half… eating my words :S
- Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge. Yes, this is goofy! A half on Saturday, a full marathon on Sunday! Recap!
- Critz Tybee Island Run Fest, Tybee Island, Georgia
Hawaii– Koloa Sugar Mill Run – CHECK!! But don’t get me wrong, I’d go back noproblem!
- The Scenic Half, Sandpoint, Idaho
- North Shore Half Marathon, Deerfield Illinois
- Miles of Memories, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Marathon to Marathon, Marathon, Iowa
- Running with the Cows, Bucyrus, Kansas
- Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon, Louisville, Kentucky
- Gulf Coast Half Marathon, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon, Portland, Maine
- Ocean City, MD Half Marathon, Ocean City, Maryland
- Boston Marathon. Boston, MA. Another dream big one but when I am 60-70, I might be able to qualify?
- Grandma’s Marathon. Duluth, MN. This one is in Minnesota which is not too far away and is ranked as one of the best. Sign me up!
- The Qualifier Race, Great Lakes Bay Region, Michigan – Might as well play all the cards I have, right?
- Mississippi Blues Marathon and Half Marathon, Jackson, Mississippi
- Mo Cowbell Half Marathon, Saint Charles, Missouri
- Montana Marathon and Half Marathon, Billings, Montana
- Omaha Marathon, Omaha, Nebraska
- Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Swanzy’s Covered Bridges Half Marathon/Elijah’s Race, Swanzy, New Hampshire
- Atlantic City Marathon, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Sante Fe to Buffalo Thunder Half Marathon, Sante Fe, New Mexico
- ING New York City Marathon. New York City, NY. I don’t know if this one will ever be fulfilled but it’s a Bucket List so I can list whatever I want
- City of Oaks Half Marathon, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Bismark Marathon, Bismark, North Dakota
- Flying Pig Marathon. Cincinnati, OH. The logo is a flying pig. What more can I say?
- Route 66 Marathon and Half Marathon, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Portland Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Portland, Oregon
- Hershey Half Marathon, Hershey, Pennsylvania – WILL RUN FOR CHOCOLATE!
- Cox Road Races, Providence, Rhode Island
- Myrtle Beach Marathon, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Mount Rushmore Marathon and Crazy Horse Marathon, Black Hills, South Dakota
Country Music Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Nashville, Tennessee
- The Original Mud Run. Houston, TX. What can I say, I think it would be fun to play in the mud
- Mammoth Marathon - Little Grand Canyon, Huntington, Utah
- Middlebury Maple Run, Middlebury, Vermont
- Charlottesville Marathon, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Mud and Chocolate Half Marathon, Washington
- We are Marshall Marathon, Huntington, West Virginia
- Star Valley Half Marathon, Thayne, Wyoming
- London Marathon/Royal Parks Half Marathon. London, England. I LOVE London and this would be the perfect reason to plan a return trip!