Yikes. Where has the last week gone. I can’t completely blame my lack of blog posts on my level of busy-ness but rather because I am pretty lazy + sort of busy! So to recap the past happenings of this week, here is another edition of random information Friday!
1) On Saturday I did my last long training bike ride before my upcoming 36 miler! (it’s tomorrow, btw!) I made it 26-27 miles in a little less than 2 hours and realized the kind of speed necessary to run a marathon in that time… crazy, really. I can’t even bike that fast, let alone run! I felt OK for most of the ride and I am pretty sure the ride tomorrow will be fine but towards the end, I started getting a little flare up of back pain. I think I should be able to help that by taking a couple of breaks along the way and resetting my posture. I’m hoping that’s all it takes anyways! Looks like the weather is going to be very fallish which I am not ready for yet on my bike anyways?! I have summer-y bike things but what about for cooler weather?!?
Pretty view on my 26 miler
2) My “long run” of the week was supposed to happen Sunday with sister. Now, I am not sure if the utter failure of a run had more to do with the ride on Saturday, not eating enough carbs Sunday or some other outside factor but this run sucked. Like mega-sucked. Like I don’t really ever want to run again sucked. I think I made it 7.5 miles and hated it the whole entire time. I am clearly in a running funk and nothing seems to be able to help me break out of it! Yuck.
3) In lieu of said horrible run, I am once again taking an extended break from rigorous exercise. I just feel so burnt out most of the time lately and I am not sure if it’s just being lazy and out of shape or actually being “overtrained”, etc. I am only taking walks this week, nothing else. I’m hoping a little more rest will set me right again in the running department. If not, I will either just cheer Sister on in the 1/2 marathon in two weeks or attempt to walk/run it also. I’m planning to play it by ear until the very last minute. Whatever is going on is so not like me that I can’t really force myself to run because I just loathe it if I do. But this loathing feeling is now spreading to exercise in general which is REALLY not like me… Maybe being in a race environment will re-kindle my love for running? Either that or it’s going to be a long 4 months “training” for the Disney Marathon…
4) Last night was the first time I got to meet my Girls on the Run group! We start next week with official lessons but this week was a meet and greet and it was so cool to have this opportunity to introduce ourselves as coaches before the actual training starts. Hopefully all the girls enjoy the program, it seems like a very promising group of girls and the coaches also seem like people I will be able to get along with… although that could always change at a moment’s notice But in all seriousness, I am very excited for the opportunity to make a positive impact in these girls’ lives and I am hoping I can live up to my intentions.
5) I’m headed out of town next week and I am going to miss this little butt so much! It would be so much easier to leave him if he didn’t give this incredible guilt trip every time the suitcases come out… Poor bud! I will miss you!
Irrational love of blankets and the color pink…
6) When did it get to be 1 week into September? Just when I think the summer went fast, the fall proves it will fly by even faster!!
7) As proof that I am incredibly lazy + this year is going fast, my winter boots are still sitting in my office. I really did plan to bring them home in like April. Whoops.
Also envelopes I intended to return about 6+ months ago. #procrastinator
8) I am so, so, so sick of this election bull already… blech. Still like 2 more months?!? I am so anti-politics it’s got to be unpatriotic. But when you are picking between a rock and a hard place… And seriously Mr. Ryan? How in the heck can you not remember your marathon time by over 1 hour. Why lie about something SO DUMB!? Or why even talk about it at all… But I bet with enough training he could probably pull off a 2:00 marathon, nbd.
9) This is the first year since I graduated college that I had zero sadness about not going back to school now that it’s fall! And when did all the freshman start looking like small children? I swear I am not THAT old. Maybe a little but I still get confused with being a high schooler so apparently it’s just really hard to judge a person’s age?
10) That’s all I’ve got this week! Hope everyone had a speedy 4-day week if you had Labor Day off and are now ready for another September weekend! Happy Friday!