I normally LOVE December, all the Christmas lights, cookies, festivities, etc. But this month is off to a rotten start. Why so many weird things happened this week, I know not but I am hoping it’s maybe just clearing it out of it’s system before the New Year!
1) My water heater gave out Wednesday morning. Luckily I heard it and could turn it off before I had 40ish gallons of water all over my basement.
2) You cannot run your dishwasher or shower when your water heater is out. Good to know, good to know. Also, the wash machine does not work either…
3) I’m still not sure what to do about the shotuation. Return them? Try to break them in again with bandaids? Go get fitted again? I hate shopping, hence why I order stuff online but when it’s not consistent… arg!
4) I got matched to be a Big Sister on Wednesday as well (a good thing for the week!). I’m really excited to meet my Little Brother next week! I think it’s kind of funny I am matched with a Little Brother though – I guess they knew I already have a little sister so they wanted to broaden my horizons ;) I’m really looking forward to taking him to sports game, the zoo, the park, sledding, etc., etc.! All the fun kid stuff I miss doing from when I babysat more
5) I’m planning an 8ish mile run this weekend. Hopefully it does not snow the whole run but I’ll make it work somehow. At least 8 miles is doable (although not ideal) on the treadmill!
6) I am totally addicted to making Christmas cookies. Every year I tell myself I don’t need all that sugar in the house and then as soon as it’s December, I just want all the cookies! Sister and I baked and frosted our first batch of cut outs this year! And surprisingly, there are still some left! That’s saying something We used this recipe but subbed gluten free bisquick and they turned out better than normal cookies do! Maybe I’ve just forgotten what “normal” tastes like but these are fantastic!
7) I was “planning” to take December 21st off from work until I realized that might quite possibly (or not) be the last day of the world – now I am most certainly taking that day off of work! There is no way I am intentionally working when the world might end ;) I can’t imagine a worse scenario than being bombed by fire balls from space with all my nearest and dearest co-workers near by… Ha!
8) I’m going to make an effort to get my scrapbooks caught up this weekend. I’m sure it’s wishful thinking but I really want them done by the end of the year! I’m sure some people would call that a stupid goal but for whatever reason, I feel much better when I know my memories are safe – probably because I know how unsafe they are just sitting in my memory…
9) I feel like I should give myself a “racing budget” for 2013. But then I start thinking about how much I would have to allow myself and the number starts to be scary. Maybe it’s better not to calculate that sort of thing… I soon need to decide Cellcom, or no?, Summerfest, or no? Erg.
10) 6 miles on the treadmill this morning felt like 600 miles…
11) Old guys on treadmills next to you feel the need to chat with you while you are trying to run and the women in the locker room are really gossip-y… probably more reasons I am not the biggest gym workerouter.
I think that’s enough for this week… anything good happen to you this week? Please show me there is SOME good left in this world