So apparently another month is over… where is this year going? I’m convinced that blogging about running makes the days and weeks go so much faster. Maybe that’s just me? So anyways, I didn’t do a goal update last month (probably because September evaporated) but I am back on the wagon this month with little to no progress Worthy blog post, right?
As of last month, I’d completed the following…
Run a Marathon. – CHECK!!!!!!!
- Complete 4 half marathons. Checked off ONE in January! ONE in April in Tennessee! One last month in Appleton and … no option for #4. I WAS signed up for a half marathon in Sheboygan in a few weeks and was really looking forwarding to running in that area until I logged into their website a few weeks ago and saw that it has apparently been cancelled – with no notice to me or any of the other runners. I kind of want to do a post to fully vent my frustration and annoyance at this situation but it will probably just make me mad. Needless to say, NEVER EVER EVER sign up for a Rapid Running event. This man is a total crook. This is not the first time he’s screwed runners out of their race entry frees but hopefully it’s the last. We’re on to you creep!
- Complete a half marathon in less than 2 hours. Considering I recorded three of my slowest half times this year, I would say this goal is a total bust.
- Travel somewhere new. Indianapolis counts! I’d never been there before and ended up having a really good time! I still have one more adventure I wanted to post on but apparently I am a slacker!
- Redo the outside of my house. The paint is still sitting in the garage but I just need to find the motivation to do it. And the thought of painting all the trim on the house makes me ill…
- Re-organize the basement to make the space more usable. It’s pretty darn clean down there! And I actually have been thinking that a full remodel is in order!
- Keep up with
InsanityWeight lifting/Physique 57. Not really sure what this goal even is anymore I’ve been very varied in my workout so I think we’ll say I’m staying true to this one. Try something completely new to me. Check! Acupuncture.
- Be more patient. For whatever reason, I think I have been making pretty good progress on this one since August. Maybe I’ve finally turned a corner??
Read at least 12 books. Done!
- Finish a race in my Vibrams. Nope. And don’t plan on it…until I am healed and can slowly transition to wearing these again sometime.
Spend at least one day on a beach. I’m going to say check to this one because I ran on a beach… ha!
- Take down the dead tree in my backyard. Still standing…
- Try to find a new job. Had another interview but it just made me realize that maybe my current job had some pluses as much as I hate it some days. There are lots of things that it has that are good so I’m going to try to focus more on that and pursue my Personal Training certification to keep me feeling more like I have a side job at least that is fun!
- Get my scrapbooks caught up to date. I’m starting to sense a theme here of me being a failure at goals. And this is why I don’t set them…
- Foam roll at least 3 days a week. This is one I guess I can say I’m going strong at. Plus Sister got a new one for her birthday so I may or may not be trying that one out…
- Do an ab DVD or workout at least 3 days a week. Not so much… Time to get back at it.
- Get yoga back into my routine. I really try to like Yoga… but I really just can’t…
- Continue to work on reducing stress in my life. Better?! I think anyways!
- Don’t buy things unless I NEED them or will at least use them a lot. Another epic fail. Unless you count clothes, shoes, workout things, training material, house things, etc. as needs.
Reduce use of paper towels and buy only 100% recycled for when I do need them. Yes, this one I am crossing off!
- Edit: Learn how to be a better speller! Yeah, or not. That is what spell check is for.
This is really my first year I’ve ever set out with goals in mind. Normally I just coast through the year and do whatever I want. And to be honest, I don’t really think I am the kind of person that is motivated by yearly goals. I try to accomplish them but it doesn’t really seem to still be a focus a few months later. If I do any kind of goal setting next year, I think I will stick with monthly goals but even that gets boring by the 18th of the month or so… So apparently I am just lazy and unambitious or something I guess I have three months left to make a little more progress but to be honest, I don’t know what else is going to happen/change in those month! We shall see I guess!