I have had so many issues this week I am just glad I made it to Friday! In lieu of making my brain work to come up with a list of what’s all been going on, I am going to borrow my blogging buddy Allison’s survey she posted yesterday! (Hope that’s OK, Allison?! )
This or That: Health and Fitness
1) Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow? - Freezing temps for sure, no question. I have run in snow storms, freezing temps, with snow all over the ground and always finish those runs. The ones in the summer when I get hot, almost always end on a sour note… Although to be fair, I almost always run in the morning before the heat really is an issue so I still say summer is my favorite season to run in!
2) Have washboard abs or flat abs? - Like this is even a choice I have in real life… ha! But I might as well say washboard since it’s never going to happen either way!
3) Dr. Oz or The Doctors? - I do really think one of the Doctor’s is cute but I’ve actually never seen the show so I have to say Dr. Oz rates here. Plus he worked out with Shaun T!
4) Cardio or Strength? - This is probably sacrilegious to say on a running blog but I love strength so much more! If I could only do one exercise the rest of my life, I would much prefer Strength!
5) Cravings: protein or carbs? - This really depends on the day but 90% of the time it’s probably carbs. When I have too many carbs I really do crave meat, steak especially so I don’t think I would be happy only eating one or the other for the rest of my life!
6) Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? - Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob! I always liked him better on Biggest Loser and I like his workout DVDs better than Jillian’s (but I do really like hers too!). So I will forever be on Team Bob!
7) Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? - Ummm, hard one. Like choosing between Birthday and Christmas for your favorite “holiday”… I think I have to say Frozen Yogurt. I remember being probably 8-9ish years old and being obsessed with TCBY and their parfaits! Tragically the location I always went to closed shortly after that but I recently found out there is one just a few miles from my house!! Whoop!
8) To train: upper body or lower body? - UPPER BODY! I hate, hate, hate lunges and only semi tolerate squats. Feeling the burn in my biceps/chest/tris makes me very happy
9) Protein powder or food with protein? - Protein powder makes me gag. I’ve likely just never found one I like but ick. Real food all the way. Unless I develop a keen love of chalk, I doubt this will ever change.
10) Lunges or squats? - See No. 8 for the answer of neither. But if I have to pick one… squats.
11) Sweet or salty? - Normally sweet. Ok, maybe always sweet
12) Workout attire: cute or comfy? - I would like to be able to say “cute” but in all reality, I can’t really say either. Workout clothes always fit me stupid so they aren’t often what I would classify as “comfy” and they sure as heck are not cute! I am lucky if I am not 100% embarrassing most days! I’ve been known to wear some special combos when out and about… like really special.
13) Body Pump or heavy lifting? - Ehhh, another neither?! I used to love Body Pump but it got old and I really never liked “heavy” lifting. I like lifting slightly lighter weights for more reps so whatever that means for an answer, I am not sure
14) Yoga or Pilates? - Sister, shut your ears/eyes but Pilates! I’ve never gotten along well with Yoga but I am quite fond of Pilates! Now I just need to find a new DVD or a place to take classes so I can see all the benefits it can offer!
15) Nike or Adidas? - NIKE! I have always been a big Nike freak, shoes, clothes, Nike+ workout equipment, etc., etc. And my recent return to them for shoes has been going well so that makes me even more of an advocate I just don’t think I ever liked those Adidas stripes… they looked too intense.
16) Running on the treadmill or outdoors? - I really am not fond of the treadmill but I think I would benefit from doing more speed related workouts on this machine so I can start working on getting faster without going all crazy outside. Slow and steady! But outdoors is for sure my preference here!
17) Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? - Hard choice again… I would give it to Trader Joe’s if it were not for the Whole Foods salad bar. That just really trumps TJ’s in so many ways! I just really wish there was not a $50 cover charge at whole foods… At least TJ’s is cheap!
18) Summer or Winter Olympics? - This used to be Winter but in the last 2 Olympics, I have really become a Summer convert. I just love watching the running, swimming, cycling, mountain biking, BMX (not even joking), track & field, gymnastics! So many interesting things to watch! (Plenty of weird ones too, though…)
19) Exercise classes or exercise videos? - Exercise videos. I hate working out in front of/around people. I feel so much better at my own house. Probably also because when working out at a gym I feel like a giant towering over everyone else in the classes… why do I always feel so TALL at the gym! #tallgirlproblems
20) Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? - Ehhh, roasted, I guess. I’d rather not eat veggies. Does that make me a bad person?! But normally roasted = dipped in ketchup for then I am a fan!
I love little survey’s like this – it’s always fun to see other’s responses as well so… what are some of your preferences in the list above?!
Have a great weekend!