Clearly nothing I ever say on Friday is earth shattering but then again not much I say here is EVER earth shattering… But this Friday I feel so very devoid of factoids to type up I feel like I am at a loss! So instead, here is a list of things I am loving at the moment! (read: this week, will likely change next)
1. The Olympics! No surprise there but I have somehow not gotten to watch much this week because of evening activities so I feel like this weekend will be extra full of them! Go Team USA! Plus track & field start this weekend!
2. My bike I’m so happy that this is finally clicking a lot more for me and I am not struggling nearly as much as I was that first week! I’m planning to do my long weekend ride this afternoon because my work is closing at 12:30 for our annual picnic (which I am skipping)! I’m shooting for somewhere over 20 miles – hopefully 25-28 or whatever my legs can tolerate.
3. Ice Tea Lemonade from Starbucks! It’s especially good with passion tea and I get it unsweetened because the lemonade is sweet enough to me! Such a glass of summer! (I keep typing Lemonaid. Really, Kinley?)
4. Kit’s Organic Fruit and Nut Bars. I know I said this last week but yesterday I had the Chocolate Almond Coconut and about died and went to heaven. These things are ridiculously good!!! Like German Chocolate Cake but slightly healthier!
5. The Stick. Man, I thought a foam roller knew how to find the knots and sore muscles but man, that has nothing on The Stick!
6. The fact that my leg feels SO much better! I have no idea what happened to make it right itself but running seems to make it go away?? Try to explain that one… I’m at a loss…
7. The following salad combination: Lettuce (obv), sunflower seeds, craisins, feta, and this dressing. So crazy good together! I’d been in a serious salad funk and wasn’t finding a dressing that made me enjoy them but this dressing did the trick. That and finding a Catalina that was semi-decent ingredient-wise. I am a Catalina dressing addict!
8. Physique 57. Sister just got this DVD series this week and I did my first routine(?!) last night and it was a pretty good workout. I’m excited to see if it tones your core as much as it says it will – my core needs to suck it up so I don’t hurt my back again. I’ve been majorly slacking in this department lately! Although I have never felt like such an inflexible cow as when doing this workout. I can’t do some of the moves I am so out of shape for that kind of thing… I’m just glad I’m not on video tape doing these moves… that would be um… interesting to say the least. Although I highly doubt I will EVER be able to do the splits and/or place my leg next to my ear….
9.That it’s Friday!!! This week went fast so that is a significant improvement over last week! Bring on the weekend