How can it be the start of another month already? And the last real month of summer This summer has made me eager for fall though… it’s been so darn hot it seems like it’s been harder than normal to do stuff outside past the hour of 10am…. Soon I will be wishing it was warmer though so I guess I should just suck it up!
I have a few other fitness related mini-goals that I am planning to incorporate this month and those are:
1) Continue the FitStreak!
2) Do one plank/day
3) Aim for 10,000 steps/day (exercise included in this)
I like setting monthly goals lately too because it helps me focus a bit more on certain things I want to change and actually have a plan to change them with little things like doing a plank, etc.!
Here is how I am doing on my yearly goals thus far…
Run a Marathon. – CHECK!!!!!!!
- Complete 4 half marathons. Checked off ONE in January! And now ONE in April in Tennessee! I have one scheduled for September and one in October. I may be walking these last two but time will tell!
- Complete a half marathon in less than 2 hours. Nope. This is no longer a goal for this year. I am focusing more on correcting my form rather than running fast. I have the rest of my life to run faster
- Travel somewhere new. No, sadly no travels planned for anytime too soon. But I am tagging along with Sister to Indianapolis and I have never really been there besides driving through it so that will be fun!
- Redo the outside of my house. The paint is sitting in my garage and I’m going to have some landscaping soon so progress, progress!
- Re-organize the basement to make the space more usable. Getting a new shelf this week to help with that! (Once I actually clean up stuff and put it ON the shelf…)
- Keep up with
InsanityWeight lifting/Physique 57. Insanity is getting moved to the back burner for now but I plan on focusing more on weight lifting and trying out the new Physique 57 DVDs Sister got! Try something completely new to me. Check! Acupuncture.
- Be more patient. This should really be added to my life goals list… clearly not something that changes overnight.
Read at least 12 books. Done!
- Finish a race in my Vibrams. Nope. And don’t plan on it…until I am healed and can slowly transition to wearing these again sometime.
Spend at least one day on a beach. I’m going to say check to this one because I ran on a beach… ha!
- Take down the dead tree in my backyard. Labor Day weekend is now the plan!
- Try to find a new job. Back to a month where I don’t think this is a focus right now… In time!
- Get my scrapbooks caught up to date. Maybe I will be inspired and do some this weekend while watching the Olympics! It’s time my Hawaii pictures get put somewhere special! (Although I will be wanting to go back so bad when I look through the pictures again…)
- Foam roll at least 3 days a week. 100% yes! I have been pretty good about foam rolling and stretching some every single day.
- Do an ab DVD or workout at least 3 days a week. Good so far! Plank a day will help too!
- Get yoga back into my routine. I’ve been doing either Yoga or Pilates onec a week! Pilates is getting to be more and more of a favorite but I now need to find some new DVDs on Pilates!
- Continue to work on reducing stress in my life. Better?! I think anyways!
- Don’t buy things unless I NEED them or will at least use them a lot. I have had a very spendy month/three months… the credit card is being put away for the month of August to help with this. Another mini-goal not related to fitness
Reduce use of paper towels and buy only 100% recycled for when I do need them. Yes, this one I am crossing off!
- Edit: Learn how to be a better speller! This will likely happen about as soon as the sub-2 hour half marathon
Every month I feel like I am not making that much progress but some of it seems to be more change in habit type things so I guess I can’t really ever cross those off a list. I think next year’s goals are going to be more definite so I can cross them off when they are complete. I might also try to have one listed per month so I can try to work on one thing at a time instead of having all these things swirling around in my head all year long. At least I have successfully crossed “Run a Marathon” off my list. That’s the one I was really excited for anyways! All the other stuff is just filler Only 5 more months to make a better dent in this list!!!