This week lasted forever. I got frustrated repeatedly by how SLOW it was moving.. it was like a constant let down of Yeah, it’s Thursday… Nope, just Tuesday. I even took a half day on Tuesday to meet the cable installer at my house but that did nothing for helping this week pass. Luckily, it is really, truly, finally Friday! So let’s get too it – random (potentially useless) information starts… NOW!
1) I have cable again! It’s been three years of just having antenna TV but I finally decided to just bite the bullet again and try cable for a year at least! I have been enjoying catching up on watching all my favorite cooking shows as well as Bravo shows. I’m sure that says something about me but oh well I’m still getting used to the fact that I don’t have to watch the commercials on a recorded show anymore! I caught myself watching them the other night totally forgetting I can FF!! I am clearly way too excited but little things like this
2) My dad put my 26.2 (and 13.1) stickers on my car! I finally feel like my bumper is complete
3) I got a very exciting package in the mail on Tuesday… a sampling of Kit’s Organic Fruit and Nut Bars! These bars are made by one of my favorite running related companies, Clif! I tried the cashew bar for a snack yesterday and it was delicious! I loved the texture and flavor! (So much better than a larabar imho!!!) I’m excited to try the other flavors although I did sacrifice one for sister to try… she’ll have to fill me in on how the Peanut Butter one tastes I don’t think these are in the store yet but I am hoping they show up soon around here because I need to buy some more, asap!
4) I am growing more and more fond of the Jackie Warner Personal Trainer Circuit DVD that I got a week or so ago. I did the lower body 15 the other night and man, most of the moves where new to me moves and did they ever make your muscles cry! Sister decided she wanted to try the upper body DVD and actually LIKED IT! Coming from my sister who refuses to enjoy weight lifting as much as I refuse to enjoy yoga!
5) I’m planning to head to a running shoe store this weekend to try to find some shoes that will help my legs feel better running… I won’t buy any shoes if they feel really heavy because I know those end up causing me shin splints but I am hoping they can get me shod in some lightweight yet sort of supported/cushioned shoes. Fingers crossed… I need to break this “I can’t run” cycle soon! I might also try some real compression socks to see if that helps any?!
6) I broke down and agreed to get my landscaping cleaned up in my yard… this is something I have been putting off for three years but finally just got suckered in by my lawn mowing services deal to clean up my yard and make it not look like a weed covered waste land. Yes, it will be more money than if I just did it myself but in all honesty, I will NEVER do it myself. I really, truly hate doing yard work for some reason. Hopefully within a week or two, I will have a much pleasanter looking backyard! And a certain little dog will have some new plants to water!
7) THE OLYMPICS START TONIGHT!!!! I am so excited and the opening ceremony was the first thing I set up to record on my DVR In case you are not aware, there are two pretty cool looking apps for the Olympics found here and here. I know what I will be doing this weekend…
8) The weather really interfered with my bike riding this week! It was either stormy, hot as an oven + really windy or too dark when I wanted to try to get out. I’ll have to make up for this fact with riding both days this weekend at some point! I did get out on a short ride on Wednesday which included me almost falling over again. When will this get easier?? I feel like it’s better but then I pull a stunt like Wed and I wonder… but maybe the “almost” part is key to proving I am improving? No new scratches and bruises to report = success?
9) It’s been a bad hair month. Me + humidity = Ms. Frizzle.
10) My cell phone is dying….. I want an iPhone but I cannot justify the price tag as of now. Are any other “smart” phones decent?? Any recommendations?
I think that’s all I got for ya this week! Yeah, Friday!
What are your favorite running shoes?? (And why are they so darned expensive…)