I don’t know why but this week has been exhausting. Or at least this last half of the week. I’m going to go ahead and blame the weather because after 3ish months of sun, it has been gloomy and stormy for the last few and it must be hard to adjust to that, right? Probably just an excuse but I’m gonna go with it! Since it is finally Friday, that means it’s time for me to expel all my random thoughts and happenings from the week!
1) So my bike ride on Monday was all happy and fantastic. Well, let’s just say that feeling was a little short lived… When I tried to go for a ride on Wednesday, I first spent about 30 minutes trying to inflate my bike tires and only succeeded at DEflating them. Then once I finally got going and across the scary busy street that I always panic when trying to start when crossing, I was stung by a bee! And then proceeded to fall off my bike in my frantic hurry to remove the bee from my arm. I bet I made quite the site! Luckily I am not allergic to bee stings since I don’t remember ever being stung before! But man, those suckers know how to leave a mark!
2) The Bike is also now 2:0 in causing me to fall off my bike… Last night I was practicing clipping my pedals in and out and well, I tipped over and skinned up my knee and bruised my hip. Nice.
3) I was also all excited to get cable on Wednesday only to call to confirm my appointment and find… I didn’t have one. No work order set up. Excellent. So now it’s another week before that can happen and I wasted time off of work. Also, it’s now going to be $20/month because apparently the person helping me before was totally not in the game. I really am convinced Time Warner is out to make people’s lives more miserable. For whatever reason though, I just can’t find an acceptable alternative so I have to put up with them
3) This weekend, my mom, sister and I are going to Billy Elliot! I watched this movie on Netflix awhile back and it’s a really neat story. Sister also saw this play when she was in London and loved it! I am excited!
4) The Olympics start next week! I am very much looking forward to this and at least cable “Should” be hooked up by then so I can record my favorites! Winter Olympics are my ultimate favorite but Summer Olympics are for sure growing on me. I am excited to watch swimming, track & field, running, cycling, diving, gymnastics, etc, etc. There are are a few events I really get bored to death by but for the most part, I’m fascinated that people can be so good at such weird random sports that are not really considered “professional” and therefore make them a ton of money. It’s clearly their love of the sport that keep them going!
5) And since I seem to be very London-focused this week, I am currently obsessed with Lyle’s Golden Syrup. Have you had this? I first had it when I visited sister in London and had not purchased it since. Well, a week or so ago I impulse bought it and remembered why I love it to! It’s like caramel sauce with one ingredient – sugar! Not exactly a healthy food but man, it makes everything taste just a little bit better! Try it on waffles, cereal, ice cream… you know, pretty much anything!
6) There is a special at Sweet Tomato’s this weekend. WHY is this place so far away!! I need to move…
7) And since apparently I am now thinking about food… Pesto + fresh mozzarella makes the best anything. Pizza, sandwich, burger. You name it, those two things together makes it amazingly delicious!
8) I finally broke down and purchased a car wash on Wednesday. It them proceeded to storm when I was at acupuncture and negate any good I did there – oops! Maybe the drought around here would have ended sooner had I went to the car wash sooner…
9) Sister sent me a link to this article about curing back pain. I at first thought it was kind of wacked but then read through some of the 400+ 5-star ratings on Amazon. Is a $6 book really worth a glowing review unless it actually works? I think I need to order this book… Maybe it will work on my leg pain as well? 99% of the time I am convinced I am making shit up about my aches and pains but the pain is real so this concept actually kind of explains why that would happen. Time to cry uncle on this bs my “subconscious” is telling me and see if it does anything. Ha! Losing $6 is not really the end of the world if it does nothing…
10) One more thing for today! I happened to look up some search terms that brought people to this blog recently. Here are my favorites. Hope they can give you a little chuckle!
“justin bieber i had a good day but I think we need to move on now” – yes, I am pretty sure he’s not worth losing sleep over!
“cold coffee we heart it” – yes, me too!
“body pump blah” – yeah, I fell ya there!
“at 20 miles I wished I was dead” – oh I am sorry! I didn’t though
“remote control cars” – huh?
“how to make something with just cocoa pebbles and peanut butter” – who needs to make something? Just pour the pebbles in the jar and grab a spoon! – and 5 people have found this site by googling “cocoa pebbles” Wow, sad image that paints! But now I want some!
That was one of my more random Friday’s but that kind of fits this week… One weird thing after the next!
Your turn! What Olympic sport are you most excited for? Any fun plans for this weekend?