It was no fun having a five day work week this week after last weeks awesome 3.5 day week due to the Fourth of July! I could totally get on board with having every Wednesday off of work! Keeping the dream alive… But since that is not likely to occur anytime soon for me, I’ll just have to suck it up and be super excited every Friday! Even though it was a five day week, it did seem to go fast. Here’s what I have been up to!
1) Not running that’s for sure. We’re up to 19 days off now but whose counting?!? Oh yeah, I am.
2) I have actually been doing very little exercise these past few weeks to try and resolve my leg and back issues. Yoga, easy weight lifting and walking is where it’s at! I really do miss sweating though. Hopefully soon! I am relatively confident that my leg pain is actually shin splints or something like that. I noticed I have gotten a bad habit of walking on my left foot funny and I think that has led to to these other problems. Ankle stretches have commenced. And acupuncture seemed to help. Plus icing and ace bandage wrapping. #oldlady
3) My poor little puppy dog had 4 teeth removed on Wednesday. He’s such a sad pathetic little guy now. I imagine he is in quite a lot of pain but he also has great acting skillz and likes to play the guilt card to.the.max! Hopefully he is up for some treats and a picnic this weekend. For some reason he decided it would be fun to wake me up at 3am this morning so thanks for that, dude. Payback?
4) I almost got side swiped driving to work on Wednesday. Apparently laying on the horn and trying to avoid getting hit just solicited a wave from the offending party. Yes lady, Hi. Clearly that is why I was honking at you. #somepeople Thank goodness I was not hit by her or anyone else in the vicinity.
5) Don’t tell sister but I heard a Justin Bieber song on the radio the other day that I didn’t have to frantically change the station to avoid listening too. This is not good folks. #belieber
6) We are getting cable again on WEDNESDAY! I am such a nerd but I am so excited to have access to food channel again to see Pioneer Women’s new show (or will be new to me) as well as
Real Housewives so many of my other cable channel favorites! Somehow it will only cost me $20 more per month to add TV. Apparently I have been getting ripped off for the past 2+ years because my internet price was “outdated” #geethanks I will also conveniently have cable before the Olympics starts. Whoot!
7) I am in the process of finally cancelling my gym membership. But apparently they are the slowest people to respond, ever! We are going on 1 week and I have gotten 2 emails. It’s about an every other day thing I guess. Gold star in customer service for Gold’s Gym…
8) I’m signed up to help with another half marathon, the Full Moon Half in my parents town next month! Maybe next year I will be back in the land of the running and can participate. Maybe. #dreambig
9) I didn’t want to participate in Runner’s Worlds #RwRunStreak earlier this summer because I know my legs would never tolerate such a thing but a fellow Wisconsinite, Allison, has started a #FitStreak! This includes doing something active every day for the rest of the summer. She is not officially starting until Monday but I’m starting yesterday Even if I am the only one! I’ve also found out she’s running the same half in Appleton that I am planning to do! (well, she will be running, I have no clue to be honest )
11) Totally random but breakfast used to be my FAVORITE meal of the day. Lately I have been struggling to find anything that sounds really good in the morning. Darn warm weather ruining oats for me. Today I managed to make this recipe that I saw Cait make the other day. I’m not too sure how well it will turn out because of course I did not really follow the recipe… I made it gluten free by subbing in 1/2 oat and 1/2 brown rice flour. I also used flax instead of real eggs, 1T of coconut butter instead of 8T of earth balance + a little applesauce and I have no idea what condition my yeast is in. It could be interesting later when I cook them. They’re probably not nearly as tasty as Cait’s version with a stick of buttah but oh well! Paula Deen would not be proud. #alwaysastickofbutter
Edited to add: this was the epicest fail of all time. Gross, gross, gross. And resulted in adding to the horrible start to my day. Now I am horribly tired and hungry. Lesson learned, don’t try something new on a weekday without a solid back up plan.
12) I was literally reading this post with my jaw dropped yesterday. People are so incredibly rude it’s really disgusting. My number one pet peeve in this world is people being rude. Seriously, people. Treat others as you want to be treated and the world would be a better place. And what about the gym really brings this behavior out in people? This is the #2 reason I am dropping Gold’s. All these weight room junkies think they own the place. #howrude
13) It’s Friday the 13th. #yourewelcomeforthatmemo
Now I am off to try to get through this Friday the 13th! It started WAY too early thanks to a certain little dog. He-he! Have a good weekend!