I know I say this ALL THE TIME but this year is flying. I totally missed doing a goals update post last month but I doubt I could cross that much off last month anyways…
- Run a Marathon. – CHECK!!!!!!!
- Complete 4 half marathons. Checked off ONE in January! And now ONE in April in Tennessee! I have one scheduled for September and obsessively signed up for on in October this past week… oops!
- Complete a half marathon in less than 2 hours. Nope.
- Travel somewhere new. Only if I stretch it. But traveling over a marathon finisher line’s gotta mean something, right?
- Redo the outside of my house. Paint is picked out and purchased. Now the weather just needs to cooperate so we can PAINT!
- Re-organize the basement to make the space more usable. Nope.
- Keep up with Insanity. After a few weeks break from Insanity while in taper, I am now back at it! I want to add a few more things to my rotation though because the same workouts over and over are getting repetitive… that or I just need to suck it up and do the long routines?! Also, I think I need to concentrate on a little bit less impact activities to allow my legs to heal a little more…
- Try something completely new to me. I’m gonna say complete. I think Acupuncture counts on this.
- Be more patient. Maybe 50% on this one. Somedays, yes, somedays ohhellno!
- Read at least 12 books. Done!
- Finish a race in my Vibrams. Nope. And don’t plan on it…
- Spend at least one day on a beach. Oh I want to so bad. Does running on the beach count?
- Take down the dead tree in my backyard. (Before a storm takes it down…) This one is on the schedule for Julyish so soon, very, very soon!
- Try to find a new job. This really needs to happen for my sanity but I have no faith in the success of it.
- Get my scrapbooks caught up to date. Oh, wow. Have not touched a scrapbook in months!
- Foam roll at least 3 days a week. 100% yes! I have been pretty good about foam rolling and stretching some every single day. Huge accomplishment for me and I think it pays. I think I need to post on this soon!
- Do an ab DVD or workout at least 3 days a week. Probably trending towards about 2 days a week for a focused core routine but I am doing 1 plank at least 5x per week!
- Get yoga back into my routine. Ehhh, I am planning to go later today! We’ll see how often I keep at this…
- Continue to work on reducing stress in my life. Huge NEED here. I need to find something to help me…
- Don’t buy things unless I NEED them or will at least use them a lot. I did not have the best month or two for this on my last credit card statements but July’s is looking better! A small trip to Wal-mart and Target yesterday disrupted this a bit but it was stuff I have wanted for a very long time.
- Reduce use of paper towels and buy only 100% recycled for when I do need them. Score! I think I have determined if you don’t buy them, you don’t NEED them. Example: the other night paper towels were sitting on the counter when we were eating dinner and magically sister needed one! Funny how those things happen. I can’t remember the last time we had napkins or paper towels at dinner (Is that gross?)
- Edit: Learn how to be a better speller! I apparently am doomed to be a bad speller. It’s so conusing and it’s because of all those silent ledders. Thank you 8 year old self for proving why this is a challenge for me to this day…
Hard to believe we are now on the back half of 2012. I am happy to say that I have accomplished one of my major life goals and year goals already though! Running a marathon has been on my life goal list for quite a few years and now that’s over. Of course that does not meant I am done running marathons… no, no, no! The baseline is just now set so I have a solid base for forming goals for future races! Marathons are much more life consuming during training than half marathons though so I am pretty sure those are still my preferred poison! Plus I am looking for my sub-2 half sometime in the near future. Any goals after that scare me but who knows?! Maybe I have peaked already with running and it’s all down hill from here… but probably not
Have a good Sunday!