Friday again! Man, this week went fast again, not like I don’t say that every single week but whatever This is a very special Friday though because it is Marathon Eve Eve! And to celebrate, how about some randoms!
1) I will be standing at the start line of a Marathon in about 48 hours. This is absolutely crazy!
2) If you didn’t catch this yesterday, I did a guest post over on Kimberly’s blog about my plans to switch things up a bit and focus more on Insanity for a while after Sunday. I also really liked her post from earlier this week about making yourself have an “On Second Thought” moment and find the positives in everything.
3) I thought race medals were no longer that exciting to me after my Disney medals but then I saw the picture of the marathon and I got really excited again! It’s shaped like a football and is no joke! So excited for this baby!
4) In normal years, this marathon actually finished in the football stadium for the Packers but since they are doing a big reno this year, the finish line in in the parking lot of the stadium and the finish line is touted to be the Greatest Tailgating Party Ever! I hope people don’t get too excited because watching runners seems even more boring than watching a football game
5) To all the new followers from yesterday, WELCOME! Hopefully I don’t scare you away too soon
6) Speaking of marathons (because that’s all I seem to be able to think about this week…) I got an email yesterday that Walt Disney released the 20th anniversary marathon course! It looks so much better than previous years and now involves running on a speedway and also through the sporting complex at ESPN Sports Center. Makes me even more excited I just bit the bullet and signed up when registration opened
7) On a TOTALLY unrelated note, I really want to update my bedroom a little bit… I’ve had the same bedding/decor for 5ish years and I’m getting tired of cleaning all the dog hair off of the dark navy blue coloring the comforter is now. I don’t plan to repaint but want to update the other stuff… And I really want these lamps from Target…
8) I totally thought last weeks Grey’s Anatomy was the season finale… and then I saw comments about the new episode this week. What the heck?! I guess I have to watch that on ABC.go.com… This is one of those shows I don’t really love but still want to keep up with for some reason.
9) The forecast for Sunday now involves slightly cooler temps but a larger chance of T-storms. Progress, right?!? Either way, it’s gonna be OK. I’ll just bring plastic baggies to wrap the garmin and ipod to keep them safe!
10) I still need to update my playlist!!!!! I plan to have a special one for miles 20-26.2 with all the best songs. Gotta wait until then to hear them for some extra motivation
11) I have skipped all my regular exercise classes this past week and instead did more walking and yoga. It’s been kind of nice to take things easy for a good reason Hopefully my legs are still able to run on Sunday… the longer I go between actual exercise sessions, the more I doubt I can do it. And as much as I hate yoga, it helped loosen my tight legs so much yesterday… maybe I better give it another chance…
12) I guess that is enough for right now! I’ll be back some this weekend to hopefully update you that I finished a marathon!!! Yikes! Marathon Weekend has begun!