I’ve been so confused on what day of the week it is this week. Tuesday I was convinced it was Wednesday, Wednesday when my alarm went off I was convinced that it was Monday and today, well, today I am just glad it actually IS Friday and this is no joke/confusion on my part! There is nothing quite like the feeling of Friday morning when you know it’s just a matter of hours until the weekend can begin! To kick off the weekend, here are some random things from the past week:
1) The Marathon is getting uncomfortably close. Like 9 days close. How did this happen? Am I ready? Will I finish? I would be lying if I said I was not spending almost all of my free time googling things to do with last minute prep before a marathon and looking for some mantra options that I can repeat to myself when I am close to death (ok, maybe that’s a little bit of an exaggeration?) But I did find a quote the other day that was something to make me not so sure if it’s an exaggeration or not… “If you want to know what you’ll look like in ten years, look in the mirror after you’ve run a marathon” – Jeff Scaff
2) I also made the horrible mistake of looking up the 10 day forecast yesterday… they are currently forecasting the PERFECT spring day so I know that means they will be wrong and it will be some sort of record breaking something… Maybe I am wrong? Man, I HOPE I am wrong… Why did I look it up!!!
3) I still need to figure out what in the world I am going to wear for the marathon. Nothing like waiting until the very last minute to barely have time to test the marathon outfit for running comfort… oops! This weekend I must find something. No question.
4) At my acupuncture appointment on Wednesday, I got hooked up to 4v of electricity running into the needles in my back. That was interesting. Who knew you could do such a thing? I’m just hoping it kicks this flare up of a back ache to the curb. #badtiming
5) I got a special little surprise yesterday when I got home from work. The lawn crew had hacked down a huge weed patch in my backyard! This made me ridiculously happy! I now have more free time Memorial Day weekend because I will not be spending hours and hours weeding that ick!
6) Sister and I discovered a new favorite item last weekend – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust. I love this stuff! We have a pizza dinner planned this weekend that I am very excited for that includes actual cheese on a real pizza crust! It’s the little things in life, folks!
7) When I was running yesterday I had one of those awkward moments where you are running in shorts and a t-shirt and the person coming at you is wearing running tights, a sweatshirt, gloves and a hat… How do you not feel weird about that?… I really was not THAT cold and the temps were in the 50s I think so I don’t really know what to say about that…
8) Someone has been on a 6+ day bender… he refuses to finish his dog food dinner and instead incessantly begs for human food at every second of the day. I cooked chicken in the crockpot earlier this week and he just stood in the kitchen and stared at the crockpot, barking. Someone is not receiving any handouts until they decide to snap out of this mood. I guess maybe he got the memo he was originally going to come along marathon weekend but then I decided he would stay with my parents instead? Little brat!
9) It’s Mother’s Day this weekend and to celebrate, we are making my mom a pancake buffet, Pfunky Griddle style! We bought a bag of their mix when we were there and are going to pick out some fun topping to use! If loving pancakes so much is wrong, I don’t want to be right! I have to research if they ship mix to me… Amazon Subscribe and Save??
10) Totally off topic of running and pancakes but it is season finale time for most primetime shows. I both love and hate this time of year! Good things happen but then a long break before resolution! There are only two shows that I am dedicated to, others I will try to keep up with but not heartbroken by anything that happens. My shows are Castle and Bones. So far, the Castle finale was AWESOME (seriously)!!! But I am worried about the Bones finale. If the rumors are true and something “heartbreaking” happens, I am done. I refuse to watch anymore because there is no point. To take a show and turn it depressing is just not warranted. I was not going to read the final Harry Potter book if Harry died and likewise I will not watch the Bones finale nor any additional Bones episodes if something bad happens. #stepsoffsoapbox
11) I have a shorter run than I am used to tomorrow, 8 miles. It’s hard to believe that about 2 years ago, I thought a five mile run was REALLY long. Man how a little perspective shift changes e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I can almost guaranty that the run will feel ridiculously hard and I will wonder how the heck I am going to run gobs of miles more than that the next weekend… erg! The joys of running I suppose!
12) Ok, I will stop now before this gets any longer… Have a good weekend!
Anything fun planned out there?