I swear I JUST wrote one of these posts on my progress during February but man, March is now over as well! February had an excuse for going fast (it’s short!) but March, March normally drags on forever in Wisconsin! Probably helped we had 70 degree weather for half of it
I don’t know that I made a ton of progress on my goals this past month but I did move ever closer to completing some of them so that seems like a good sign, right? I am looking forward to April though, lots of good things happening, Easter, a trip to visit family and a trip to NASHVILLE! I am sure this month will be over before I know it as well… anyways, on to some goal progress!
- Run a Marathon. – We are getting closer and closer to this event! 47ish days and counting!
- Complete 4 half marathons. Checked off ONE in January! Nashville is this month and I am super excited! Although I somehow managed to mess myself up with needing to run 20 miles the weekend of Nashville… might have to tack on a few extra before/after this?!?!
- Complete a half marathon in less than 2 hours. Nope…sadly, this might take me many years to check off my list…
- Travel somewhere new. Nowhere new yet. I really want to go somewhere but I don’t even know where! I’ll have to keep thinking on this one…
- Redo the outside of my house. (Paint, clean, etc.) I think a plan is more in place for this! I just need to pick some paint out! Also, I think I am going to hire some lawn specialists to come tackle my yard this year. I seem to be losing any progress I make…
- Re-organize the basement to make the space more usable. Still no (sensing a pattern here…) Made some good progress on this! Still not my dream basement but I did clean up a bit and put down some gym-type flooring and rearrange furniture. Also my dad fixed up the basement stairs and it’s still so nice to walk up them compared to the old!
- Keep up with Insanity. This one I had a back-slide with… long runs and Insanity were finally getting to be too much so I had to call it quits for the time being. I have been reserving it for my cross-training days but we shall see how long that even lasts. I am excited to actually dedicate time to it come May!
- Try something completely new to me. Have not technically done this yet but I have an appointment this evening for an acupuncture treatment! This should be interesting…
- Be more patient. Yeah, not so much… This one is really hard to judge though. I did let a car out in front of me yesterday even though I was in a hurry so maybe that means progress?
- Read at least 12 books. Check! I didn’t realize this goal would be do unambitious! Oops!
- Finish a race in my Vibrams. Nope…and as much as I would like too, I don’t know if I can focus my running training on these shoes in the near future. Marathon training is my goal right now and after that a few half marathons so this will probably never happen. To bad I didn’t bring them to the Shamrock Shuffle, I could have walked in them
- Spend at least one day on a beach. No Maybe in the next few months though as summer is just around the corner!!
- Take down the dead tree in my backyard. (Before a storm takes it down…) Have a game plan for this one! Might be a few months before it happens but it will be done!
- Try to find a new job. Nadda.
- Get my scrapbooks caught up to date. Getting there with this one! I want to work on it again soon!
- Foam roll at least 3 days a week. This has been essential lately! Last night I spent about 40 minutes foaming and stretching and it hurt so good! I actually do feel better now though!
- Do an ab DVD or workout at least 3 days a week. I have not been doing a DVD three times per week but I am doing a made up plank challenge this month! Started with 1 minute plank and will be adding 5 seconds 6 days per week! If all goes as planned, that is a long plank by the end of the month!
- Get yoga back into my routine. Nope. This last month has been bad in this area. I had been feeling like it was making my back WORSE so I stopped… but I did do a DVD on Sunday so that counts for something!
- Continue to work on reducing stress in my life. I’m really trying…
- Don’t buy things unless I NEED them or will at least use them a lot. Besides the iPad, I did well in this area this past month and my credit card statements agree! Also, I had been planning to buy an iPad for years so it really was not a random, spur of the moment thing. Plus I love it and use it EVERYSINGLEDAY!
- Reduce use of paper towels and buy only 100% recycled for when I do need them. I think I only went through about 1-2 rolls this past month so not bad at all!
- Edit: Learn how to be a better speller! I think I will fight this battle until the day I die…I am just a really bad speller… Calendar always gets me so I will try and learn that one. So dumb
So that is another month of progress. Nothing earth shattering happened this past month but it was gorgeous (don’t know how to spell that either) on the weather front! Running went pretty well (minus an epic fail 10k). Hopefully this coming month is a good one as well!
Happy April and Happy Tuesday!