Well, it’s official. I have run 16 miles… at one time! That’s a new PDR (personal distance record), folks! If you read this blog often, you know that this distance has special meaning to me because it is a distance that has alluded me for 1 1/2 years. But no longer!
Sixteen things from my run this morning:
1) It snowed, I got freaked out and then I got over it. And it was sunny and white all around this morning!
2) Some people really take great offense at me running on the side of the road… mainly by swerving AT me instead of away from me… Yeah, like I am going to let you scare me out of running. Nice try.
3) For some reason, I was starving when I left and starving when I got back. Breakfast has never tasted quite so good.
4) Despite the slush on the street, the weather was pretty decent. The sun was out, the snow was melting and I actually got a little over temped at times.
5) I finished three miles in a row at the exact same pace. Couldn’t do that if I tried.
6) Here are my splits:
7) I kind of expected the neighbors to hand me a medal when I was done today. No such luck.
8 ) Just three days ago it was rainy and warm when Flat Kitty came to visit. On the right is what I woke up to this morning. Thank you.
9) Guess what hurts the most now that I am done… Yup, my arms. #weak
10) My shoes are no longer white and clean.
11) I probably should have attempted an ice bath this morning. But gosh that sounds way too cold after running in the snow… maybe I should have just sat in a snow bank?
12) Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger was my motto for this run
13) My back felt awesome. My foot felt less than awesome…
14) Number of times I wanted to stop = 3
15) Number of miles that were REALLY painful… 2
16) Now it is time to go work on a house remodel project. This should be interesting as my energy=zero!